Defensive Measures: Rashee Rice’s Precautionary Actions Amid Car Crash Accusations


Rashee Rice, an NFL standout, has chosen to protect himself following reports that he was involved in a car accident on Saturday. 

The Kansas City Chiefs player is wanted by police for interrogation in connection with a severe car crash in northeast Dallas at 6.20pm on Saturday that injured four persons.

A police spokeswoman stated that the incident occurred after two automobiles, a Lamborghini and a Corvette, were suspected to collide after racing in the far left lane of the road.

The Lamborghini then smashed into the median wall before colliding with additional automobiles. 

Authorities Seek Clarity on Rice’s Involvement in Crash

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – FEBRUARY 11: Rashee Rice #4 of the Kansas City Chiefs completes a pass prior to the NFL Super Bowl 58 football game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs at Allegiant Stadium on February 11, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

It is unclear whether Rice was driving one of the vehicles, but the collision included a vehicle either owned by Rice or leased by the Chiefs wide receiver.

The incident resulted in four minor injuries and two hospitalizations, but no life-threatening injuries were reported. 

Still, authorities want to speak with Rice to determine whether or not he was driving – though they assume he was driving the Corvette.

TMZ released images from the event that did not appear to capture Rice, and dash cam footage from the crash was also released on Sunday but remained inconclusive.

Rashee Rice Seeks Legal Help Amid Police Inquiry

It is unclear whether Rice was detained by police or spoke with them, but CBS Sports’ Josina Anderson reports that Rice has since hired legal representation.

While seeking counsel does not imply guilt or even suggest that Rice was engaged in the event, police want to talk with him, so the 23-year-old will need legal assistance if he attends a police interview.

Anderson also reports that a statement about the incident will be released soon, but does not specify which group or individual would make the statement.

It comes after a woman accused the five males involved in the disaster of departing without checking on her or her four-year-old kid after the accident.

Comment via Facebook

Corrections: If you are aware of an inaccuracy or would like to report a correction, we would like to know about it. Please consider sending an email to [email protected] and cite any sources if available. Thank you. (Policy)