CHARLOTTE COUNTY, FL – Friday evening, December 2, 2022, a member of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office noticed a vehicle driving south on Tamiami Trial with a tag light out. The driver, identified as 25 year-old convicted felon Colt A. Boatright, and his younger brother, Joseph H Boatright, 22, were stopped and notified of the reason for the stop.
Colt Boatright was unable to produce his vehicle registration and while speaking with him, deputies noticed a knife in the center console. During a search of Colt, deputies located a large sum of cash totaling approximately $2,000 in his pocket.
K-9 arrived on scene and positively alerted to drugs during a free air sniff of the vehicle. As deputies searched the vehicle, they located a red bag containing a handgun with a partial serial number and various drugs. In the backseat of the vehicle, deputies located a camo backpack containing multiple different caliber rounds. Under the front seat, a small white bag containing a white powdery substance was also located.
When questioned by deputies, both Colt and Joseph denied knowledge of the items located within the vehicle. Inside the vehicle deputies located the following items testing positive for:
FREE DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION: GET ONLY 'FEATURED' STORIES BY EMAIL
Big Tech is using a content filtering system for online censorship. Watch our short video about NewsGuard to learn how they control the narrative for the Lamestream Media and help keep you in the dark. NewsGuard works with Big-Tech to make it harder for you to find certain content they feel is 'missing context' or stories their editors deem "not in your best interest" - regardless of whether they are true and/or factually accurate. They also work with payment processors and ad-networks to cut off revenue streams to publications they rate poorly by their same bias standards. This should be criminal in America. You can bypass this third-world nonsense by signing up for featured stories by email and get the good stuff delivered right to your inbox.
- 126 grams of marijuana
- 30.1 grams of a brown wax-like substance which tested positive for THC
- 5.9 grams of cocaine
- 29.9 grams of methamphetamine
- 3.7 grams of 10 pills marked with KU 118 containing a white crystal-like substance testing positive for methamphetamine
- 2.5 grams of cocaine
- 24 ½ green rectangle pills identified as Xanax
- 5.4 grams ofmethamphetamine
Neither subject was willing to take ownership of any of the narcotics inside the vehicle. Therefore, Colt was found to be in possession of the narcotics located in the back seat of the vehicle along with the firearm, misc. ammunition, and white powder-like substance. Joseph was found to be in possession of the white crystal-like substance and smoking device located in the passenger side glove compartment. Both Colt and Joseph were taken into custody and were transported to the Charlotte County Jail.
Colt Boatright was charged with:
- Two counts of possession of firearm or ammunition by a convicted felon
- One count of possession of paraphernalia
- Five counts possession of a controlled substance(Methamphetamine x 2, cocaine, Xanax, and THC wax)
- One count trafficking in methamphetamine over 14 grams
- One count possession of cocaine with intent to sell
- One count altering serial on firearm
- One count possession of marijuana over 20 grams
Joseph Boatright was charged with the following:
- One count possession of paraphernalia
- One count possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine)
“The old adage ‘I am my brother’s keeper’ could not be more accurate in this case. These two brothers are yet another example of young men making poor life choices, but what really saddens me is the fact that clearly neither one is pushing the other to be better. I hope that this arrest serves as a wake-up call and this family gets their lives back on track.”SHERIFF BILL PRUMMELL