PORT CHARLOTTE, FL – On the morning of Tuesday August 9, 2022, the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit, with the assistance of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team and the Collier County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team executed a search warrant on Ohara Drive in Port Charlotte, Florida.
According to authorities, as deputies were approaching the residence, they made contact with 56 year-old John Alton Knight, Jr. and gave verbal commands for him to put his hands up. Knight ignored the commands and fled into the residence. When units made entry, John was found next to the sink in the kitchen area, where he was calling out to a female in the home, identified as 39 year-old Rebecca Mary Knight. John was resistant and continued to ignore the commands of the deputies and both John and Rebecca were taken into custody.
During the search, deputies located the following throughout the home:
- Approximately 6 pounds of Methamphetamine
- 58.4 grams of Fentanyl, 53.2 grams of Oxycodone
- 27.41 pounds of Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Tramadol, Suboxone, and copious amounts of used drug paraphernalia.
- 447 suspected fentanyl pressed pills
FREE DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION: GET ONLY 'FEATURED' STORIES BY EMAIL
Big Tech is using a content filtering system for online censorship. Watch our short video about NewsGuard to learn how they control the narrative for the Lamestream Media and help keep you in the dark. NewsGuard works with Big-Tech to make it harder for you to find certain content they feel is 'missing context' or stories their editors deem "not in your best interest" - regardless of whether they are true and/or factually accurate. They also work with payment processors and ad-networks to cut off revenue streams to publications they rate poorly by their same bias standards. This should be criminal in America. You can bypass this third-world nonsense by signing up for featured stories by email and get the good stuff delivered right to your inbox.
Thanks to the hard work of my Narcotics Unit and SWAT team, with the assistance of the Collier County SWAT team, a large amount of poison is off our streets, which means more lives saved. We will continue to shut these drug houses down, one by one, until the message is heard: We do not tolerate this stuff in Charlotte County.— SHERIFF PRUMMELL
Following the search, Rebecca was placed under arrest on charges of Trafficking and Drug Paraphernalia. John’s charges are as follows:
- Trafficking in Amphetamine more than 200g
- Trafficking in Fentanyl more than 28 grams less than 30kg
- Trafficking in Oxycodone more than 25 grams less than 100g
- Trafficking in Synthetic Cannabinoid more than 1000g but less than 30Kg
- Controlled Substance possession (Tramadol)
- Controlled Substance possession (Suboxone)
- Drug Paraphernalia possession or use of
- Tampering with evidence
- Resisting an officer without violence
He was additionally charged with Fleeing to Elude from Punta Gorda Police as well as Possession of a Firearm by a Felon from a previous incident.
Both are being held at the Charlotte County Jail.