To comply with FTC regulations, all links could lead to commissions paid to the publisher. Please see Advertising Disclosure in sidebar.
DELAND, FL – A Volusia Sheriff’s Office drug warrant roundup and narcotics operation resulted in several arrests Wednesday in and around DeLand’s Spring Hill area.
According to authorities, the day’s arrests included six wanted subjects with warrants from previous narcotics investigations, plus four more defendants who were already in custody on other charges. An additional arrest was made when a man tried to leave the area of the operation and was spotted tossing bags containing crack cocaine and heroin.
Following the warrant roundup, three more people were arrested during a reverse narcotics sales operation in an area commonly used as an open-air drug market around the Friendly Way Food Store at West Beresford and South Florida avenues. Those brought the final tally to 14 arrests.
Evidence seized Wednesday included:
FREE DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION: GET ONLY 'FEATURED' STORIES BY EMAIL
Big Tech is using a content filtering system for online censorship. Watch our short video about NewsGuard to learn how they control the narrative for the Lamestream Media and help keep you in the dark. NewsGuard works with Big-Tech to make it harder for you to find certain content they feel is 'missing context' or stories their editors deem "not in your best interest" - regardless of whether they are true and/or factually accurate. They also work with payment processors and ad-networks to cut off revenue streams to publications they rate poorly by their same bias standards. This should be criminal in America. You can bypass this third-world nonsense by signing up for featured stories by email and get the good stuff delivered right to your inbox.
40mg Oxycodone, 6.9 grams crack cocaine, 5.4 grams heroin/fentanyl, 14.1 grams MDMA, 4.2 grams methamphetamine, 11.2 grams cannabis and $736.25 in cash.
Arrested on outstanding warrants were:
- Andra Williams, 31: Possession of heroin with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of a Schedule IV substance (total bond $27,500)
- Lavonia White, 55: Sale of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of crack cocaine with intent to sell (total bond $27,500)
- JC Taylor, 78: Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park (total bond $25,000)
- Timothy Harris, 29: Possession of MDMA with intent to sell, sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of <20g cannabis (total bond $28,000)
- Brian Douglas, 30: Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a church/business (2 counts), possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, possession of <20g cannabis, resisting without violence (total bond $54,500)
- John Muddiman, 52: Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park (bond $25,000), violation of probation (2 counts, no bond)
- Kelvin Bennett, 50: Possession of cocaine and heroin (total bond $10,000)
Already in custody and served with their arrest warrants Wednesday were:
- Corry Robinson, 38: Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park, possession of heroin with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a park (held without bond on prior violation of probation and $500,000 blanket bond on charges including armed trafficking in meth, heroin, and cocaine, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, child neglect and more)
- Derrick Soloman, 27: Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park (held without bond on prior charges including possession of cocaine with intent to sell and child neglect)
- Dajah Heron, 26: Sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a park ($25,000 bond, held on $136,000 additional bond on prior charges including trafficking in fentanyl)
- Billy Jackson, 52: Sale of methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a park ($25,000 bond, held on $50,500 additional bond on prior charges including possession of fentanyl, meth and cocaine with intent to sell)
Arrested during the reverse narcotics operation were:
- Kim Kugler, 58: Attempted purchase of cocaine, possession of a Schedule IV substance (total bond $5,000)
- Andy Otero, 52: Attempted purchase of cocaine (total bond $2,500)
- James Poole, 43: Attempted purchase of cocaine, possession of fentanyl (total bond $5,000)
The operation was a joint effort involving members of the Volusia Sheriff’s Office and DeLand Police Department along with the East and West Volusia Narcotics Task Forces, Deltona Narcotics Enforcement Team and Volusia Sheriff’s Crime Suppression Teams.
Further investigation will continue, with similar operations occurring in the future.
Get great news content like this for your business website. Search engines love sites with frequently updated quality content and reward them with better search rankings. Get High Quality Content Updates for your site.